History



SAPORI ANTICHI SNC

The history of Sapori Antichi began in 1996, when Marco Zanier had a brilliant intuition: launching his own company of high-quality pasta. He gained his own experience by working in the food industry for a couple of years. Despite the fact that the firm was recently established, it had obtained a great market share in the competitive high-quality past sector.

Since the very beginning, Marco Zanier traced his strong bond to his native land into his traditional pasta methods. Carnia is a small piece of land located in the northern part of Friuli Venezia Giulia where an entire universe of local traditions and culinary art had been preserved during the passage of time.

The first headquarters of Sapori Antichi was a little warehouse based in Amaro (UD). Only one productive line was placed in the building: it allowed making only one kind of laminated pasta known as “Pasta della Nonna”. Despite the moderate capacity in terms of productive volume, public appreciated the final item so much that employees had to work overtime.

Four years later, Sapori Antichi moved to Socchieve (UD) because buildings were too small to produce an adequate amount of pasta, to fully satisfy customers. The new seat was broad enough to hire a larger number of employees and to establish a new productive line. Once more, Zanier’s choice proved to be successful. The Carnic pasta factory began to be appreciated abroad: the three-coloured pasta became a must.

Gruppo ZanierThe flourish growth of the company pushed the production towards new kinds of pasta along with complementary products such as sauces and cornmeal mushes. At the same time, Sapori Antichi started a prestigious collaboration with the University of Udine (Università degli studi di Udine). Brand new researches focused on the selection of the first option ingredients guaranteed an increasing level of quality.

Due to its steady growth, in 2011 Sapori Antichi abandoned the “historical” headquarter of Socchieve (UD) to settle in Villa Santina (UD). Four production lines allowed making more than a hundred varieties of pasta. The company confirmed its credibility, especially in foreign market: Unites States, Canada, France and Switzerland. The warm approval of complementary products leaded to launch completely new articles such as infuses, pasta prepared and risottos.

Nowadays, Italian market represents 30% of turnover. Clientele comes from the best stores of Northern Italy (Friuli Venezia Giulia, Trentino Alto Adige) and from the most refined gastronomies of Milan, Rome, Florence and Venice. Foreign market constitutes the remaining 70%: products are sold to the most excellent Gastronomies and Delikatessen Corner of the main European and Americans cities. The most famous customers include Fauchon and Galeries Lafayette in Paris, Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Sainsbury in London.

Despite its short but successful history, Sapori Antichi is based on traditions and passion for natural and tasting flavours. This is the key to fully satisfy customers and to propose its peculiarities in the best way.

More info

Join now to subscribe our mailing list and follow us to the socials networks

This site uses cookies profiling, possibly even third party. This website or third-party tools used in this make use of cookies required to operate and useful for the purposes described in the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking on a link or continuing navigation in any other way, you consent to the use of cookies. If you want to know more, check the COOKIE POLICY